You remember the beginning of
Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer, don't you? Headlines reading: "The worst snowstorm in years" "Everything closed" and worst of all... "Christmas in danger of being canceled!"" ....well, welcome to winter in IOWA!

I can see just past the first row of trees and it was all CJ could do to follow Casey out to the "outhouse" area. I offered them the warm and cozy, indoor arena as an alternative, but they just gave me this "uh, what are we supposed to do out here" look.

I took these at daybreak. By the time I had Internet service back up at noon, it's drifted at least 3 more feet around the house. As it continues to drift, I wish more and more Jim were home. I took him to the airport on Monday, bound for a much warmer Oklahoma. He did get the snow blower ready for me, though, before he left, thank goodness!
It's days like this I am SO grateful my office is at home and I don't have to risk life and limb to get to work, like some folks. But EVERYTHING is closed today- across the entire state. We got 14-16 inches of snow, which is a first I think for me. And now bone chilling winds of 45-70 mph to blow it all around. We have a drift outside the south windows that reaches the windows now.

Charmer and Brandy are mighty content to just sit this out and watch it snow and blow from inside the arena. This is one also of those times where having a house and barn as one is pretty handy! I remember my dear friend Mary Lou telling me stories of tying a rope from the house to the barn in weather like this so they could make their way to and from without getting lost. (Hope you're hanging in there ML!)
Ya, know, come to think of it, I did ask for a little snow to help get me in the Christmas spirit...but ENOUGH ALREADY! :)
I hope all of you are warm and safe, enjoying your SNOW DAY!!!
Here's a link to some
pictures from around the state today.
1 comment:
They canceled school today! :) My co-RA and I went to Wal-Mart this morning...it was crazy! People getting stuck everywhere...snow drifts up to our knees...
It's a good thing you don't have to go very far! :)
Post a Comment