
Well, ya know what they say about things happening in threes... so now it's my computer. Last night in the middle of report for work, **POOF** --it all went dark! Good grief, Charlie Brown! We've got a hard-drive back up system in place, so I'm not too worried about lost data. But, boy, are you like me, just can't seem to get much done without a computer anymore??
THANK GOODNESS for awesome neighbors! I called Kay & Jamie Martin to see if I could drive over and at least check my email for feeder orders on their computer. Without hesitation they offered to LEND me one of their laptops! How fabulous is THAT??!!!
Another call to our super-duper computer tech guy, Mr. Dan Mick, and he says not to worry!He'll get the data alright, but we should probably consider getting a new machine as this one's 4 years old and that's getting pretty outdated. (He's already rebuilt this one a couple of times, bless his heart!!)
So please bear with me this next week or so as we work through getting a new system set up. I'm only able to access my email through a back door to my website, it's cumbersome and slow and all my email addresses are still on my computer. But at least I have SOME connection to the outside world!! (THANK YOU SO MUCH, JAMIE AND KAY!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment