
UNTIL YOU LOSE IT!!
Jim gave me a gorgeous solitaire for an engagement ring and then we picked out a dainty ring with three sparkling marques to go around it for my wedding band. I love it!
But over the course of our 16, going on 17, years of blissful marriage, I've managed to lose a marquee out of the setting of three stones, FIVE times!! About the third time I resigned myself to the fact I just should NOT wear it so often and that might help. Now I only where it when we go out or a special occasions and the first thing I do when we get home is carefully take it off and place it in my jewelry box. Seemed like a good plan, right? But I continued to lose them.
Here's what boggles the mind though... I've found 2 of those 5 marques in the house! Yeah, can you believe it? They are about the size of a small grain of rice... but I found one in the shower and the other on the floor when I was vacuuming... the light happened to hit it just right and it sparkled at me as if saying, "Surprise!" WEIRD, huh?
SOOOO today I reached into my jewelry box for my ring and was stunned to see a gaping hole and two prongs sitting where one of my three marquees should be! OH, GOOD GRIEF!!! NOT AGAIN!!! There goes #6!!!
I took everything out of the box, sure I would find it beneath the necklaces and earrings, but no such luck. Still, I had this strong feeling it had to be in the house. It was just a feeling, but after looking for 30 minutes I gave up, but not without saying a quick little prayer that it would find it's way back to me.
Geez, I dreaded calling the insurance company to tell the that I'd lost another one. Jim, cool as he always is about these things, was fine with it, and added as he always does, "That's why we have insurance!" With a sigh, I called the jeweler and said I'd be bringing it in today and thensat down to have lunch with Victoria.
I hadn't gotten two bites down when the phone rang and I got up from the table to get it. I stood for a bit chatting and then decided to go back and sit down. As I did, I looked down at the chair and saw a few crumbs. My first inclination was to brush them off the chair onto the floor, but something stopped me and I instead reached down and casually picked one up and set it on the placemat. And then my mouth dropped open and I felt my eyes grow wide as I bent down to take a closer look... IT WAS THE MISSING MARQUEE!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!
I should've taken a picture, but I was so nervous about losing it again! Vic ran to get a baggie and some tape and we, ever so carefully, placed it in the bag as I explained the story to my friend on the phone! So I've found three diamonds that I've lost! --We all started singing the Twilight Zone music!! HA!
So, DIAMONDS REALLY ARE FOREVER!! You just have to know where to look!!
2 comments:
Doing the happy dance for you! Send some of that mojo my way so I can find that stinking yellow blankie already!!!!!!
I can not help you this many years after the wedding. However, I did find the biggest diamond!!!!!
I am glad you found them.
Phil
Post a Comment