Happy Valentine's Day!
Jim sent me 20 red roses, one for each Valentine's Day we've shared since we met. Our first date was Valentine's Day, 1989 when he brought me a single red rose and a HUGE Do-Biz snicker doodle cookie. Living on a college budget, I made him a candle-lit spaghetti dinner.
We met on Feb 3rd, '89, on the coldest darn day of the year... (take a trip with me down memory lane :) ...It had been a bitterly cold day in Ames to walk to Iowa State's campus (30 below wind chills) for those of us crazy enough to venture out... my eyelashes were frozen white when I finally got to my 8 AM class. I skipped the rest of the day and my roommate, Victoria, and I planted ourselves by our fireplace and ate microwave brownies all day. By nightfall we were antsy to get out, so we went to the bar with some friends of Victoria's. There, I met Jim for the first time. His cute smile, under a thin mustache (which he shaved the next day), caught my eye. We chatted some and he asked me to dance. The rest, as they say... is history. :)
Tonight we're going out to dinner at a seafood restaurant in downtown Des Moines we've been wanting to try and then hope to catch a movie if the weather isn't too bad. We've enjoyed 50 degree temps all week, but good ol' Mother Nature is reminding us she's still in control of Winter! Expecting 2-5 inches here and 6-8 down south where Jim works.
Tomorrow night we're going to a Valentine's Day Dinner the Adel Fire Dept. is putting on for their wives. That should be really nice. Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment