I found some interesting facts about laughter while I was looking... this from Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, Indiana:
- Laughter lowers the levels of cortisol, which suppresses the immune system, preventing disease.
- Stanford University studies show a good belly laugh can give you health boosting benefits equal to 10 minutes on a rowing machine (I'm all for this alternative!!)
- Laughing for 15 seconds adds 2 days to your life span.
- According to study by Dr. Michael Titze, a German Psychologist, in the 50's people use to laugh an average of 18 minutes a day. Today, that's down to 4 - 6 minutes a day. (how sad)
- Dr. Michael Miller from the University of Maryland found that laughter can improve circulatory and cardiovascular health.
So here's my little way of benefiting your health today... watch this YouTube video I found of a cat playing with a plastic cup and continually getting it's head stuck in it! Too funny, even if you're not a cat person! I think this may well become a regular part of our blog - because I want you all to be around a long long time!!! :)
1 comment:
I'm sure Jim appreciates that pic on the blog...does he know? HA HA HA That made me laugh most of all. Addi loved the cat video and danced the whole time! Too cute!
Post a Comment