Happy Mother's Day!!!
Moms are super human beings in every sense of the word! I thought it'd be nice to share a few facts about Mom's and all they do for us... there are a bunch more on the website linked below:- Women average 2.2 hrs / day on chores, vs. 1.3 hrs / day for men.
- 88% of Laundry is done by moms, totaling 330 loads of laundry and 5,300 articles of clothing each year.
- The least favorite chore for moms is vacuuming the stairs.
- Moms take 2 minutes, 5 seconds to change a diaper vs. 1 minute, 36 seconds for dads. For moms, this adds up to 3, 40-hour work weeks each year - just changing diapers
- Preschoolers require mom's attention once every 4 minutes or 210 times a day.
http://www.nannydeprived.com/pages/momfacts.htm Mother facts.
As many of us are thanking our Moms and reminising about all she's done for us I thougth Jim and I should share of story about our Moms, Judy and Phyllis. :)
Jim's Mom, Judy.
Phyllis, Julie's Mom.
What I remember about my Mom growing up, are the wonderful things she'd bake for us, like bread, rolls and pie. Oh, how I can taste those little pie crust edges she'd cut off and then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and bake in the over. YUM! She also played the western guitar and would often sit on the edge of her bed and play a tune as we danced around the room. She's always been a good listener too. Whenever something was wrong she was always the first to notice and pull us tight for a hug and a talk. That's never changed. We sure love you, Mom!!
1 comment:
My mom made the cinnamon and sugar crust leftovers too! YUM!!! Great stories, and I agree with the preschoolers needing attention fact! It's true!!!
Post a Comment