Friday, May 1, 2009

Fox in the Yard

The past few weeks we've been seeing a fox hanging around pretty close to the house. I usually run to get my camera and she disappears... but one night I was lucky to get off a few dozen shots of her as she marked her territory (amid Casey and CJ's "alarm" barking. (envision LOST IN SPACE's robot flailing it's arms, blinking and shouting out, "Warning! Warning, Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!!")



She must be shedding her winter coat, because it looks pretty thin in spots and kind of mangy. That, and she stopped to scratch several times.

Jim and I watched her scrounge around the yard and hay field eating worms. EEEEOOOO! We also think she may be blame for digging up a few new pine trees we sprayed with deer repellent. It contains rotten eggs, which they LOVE. What is it about us and these trees??

No comments: